Saddle up for charity with Bromswold Bike Fest in Cambs
- Credit: Archant
Cycling fans are invited to saddle up for a charity ride in aid of three good causes.
The Bromswold Bike Fest on Saturday, June 14 features a choice of routes, all starting and finishing at The Green Man pub in Leighton Bromswold.
Circuits totalling two, seven, 15, 25 and 50 miles have been mapped out to attract novices, families and keen cyclists, with varying start times.
Back at the pub, there will also be live music including jazz and a blues band, fete-style games and a raffle with a top prize of £500 cash.
The charities to benefit will be Macmillan Cancer Support, Samuel Pepys School in St Neots and children’s charity Dreamdrops.
You may also want to watch:
Funding for the ride has been provided with a cycle legacy grant from Cambridgeshire County Council and sponsorship from estate agent Peter Lane & Partners and Rutland Cycling.
INFORMATION: For more details on how to take part, visit www.bbf2014.co.uk or to support the event go to, www.justgiving.com/bromswoldbikefest.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 8 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 9 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol