RWE npower renewables holds surgery over Molesworth wind farm
- Credit: Archant
MOLESWORTH residents attended a surgery to hear what developer RWE npower renewables had to say about a controversial wind farm planned for the area.
RWE held two by-appointment surgeries so its staff could meet with concerned residents and talk to them about the proposals and issues related to it.
The company wants to build a six turbine wind farm north of Bythorn and Keyston and north-west of Molesworth.
However campaigners against the scheme formed the Stop Molesworth Wind Farm action group after the planning application was submitted in August last year.
RWE said after its first event on Tuesday (February 22): “The turn out was exceptionally good and it was a valuable opportunity to discuss our proposal directly with people.
You may also want to watch:
“We would like to thank everybody who took the time to come along.”
However the action group said it conducted an exit poll throughout both surgeries and found that 53 of the 56 people who were able to obtain an appointment were opposed to the wind farm.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
The second event took place on Monday (January 28).
“Sadly, the over-riding impression was that RWE was simply ‘going through the motions’ and that nothing we said would deter them from continuing with the application,” said Lorna Lane-Ley, from Stop Molesworth Wind Farm.
“Our action group will continue to fight this planning application on behalf of everybody who is opposed to the wind farm.”