RWE npower renewables holds surgery over Molesworth wind farm
- Credit: Archant
MOLESWORTH residents attended a surgery to hear what developer RWE npower renewables had to say about a controversial wind farm planned for the area.
RWE held two by-appointment surgeries so its staff could meet with concerned residents and talk to them about the proposals and issues related to it.
The company wants to build a six turbine wind farm north of Bythorn and Keyston and north-west of Molesworth.
However campaigners against the scheme formed the Stop Molesworth Wind Farm action group after the planning application was submitted in August last year.
RWE said after its first event on Tuesday (February 22): “The turn out was exceptionally good and it was a valuable opportunity to discuss our proposal directly with people.
“We would like to thank everybody who took the time to come along.”
However the action group said it conducted an exit poll throughout both surgeries and found that 53 of the 56 people who were able to obtain an appointment were opposed to the wind farm.
- 1 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 2 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 3 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 4 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 5 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
- 9 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 10 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
The second event took place on Monday (January 28).
“Sadly, the over-riding impression was that RWE was simply ‘going through the motions’ and that nothing we said would deter them from continuing with the application,” said Lorna Lane-Ley, from Stop Molesworth Wind Farm.
“Our action group will continue to fight this planning application on behalf of everybody who is opposed to the wind farm.”