Running club members raised hundreds for Godmanchester mum
- Credit: Archant
Godmanchester Running Club raised more than £1,500 at this year’s Santa Chase.
Members of the club donned their best festive outfits and grabbed buckets and tins for a jog around the town on Sunday, with £1,635 collected.
The money was raised for Godmanchester resident Amy Bosse, a disabled mum-of-one who is raising funds to pay for adaptations to her home, which will allow her to be more independent.
Running club members met at the Chinese Bridge before completing a tour of the pubs in the town.
John Finch, of Godmanchester Running Club, said: “‘Thank you’ to all club members, their families and everybody else who has supported our cause.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Finch said donations were still being collected and more are welcome at:
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 3 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 4 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 7 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 8 Letter of the Week: 'Could we sue stores who don't enforce mask wearing'?
- 9 Stuie Delf launches new fundraising campaign in memory of his brother
- 10 24-hour speaking event supports mental health charity