Runners preparing to cut to the chase at annual fund-raiser
- Credit: Archant
Godmanchester Running Club’s first-ever Santa Chase proved so successful that the event is set to return again this month.
Members of the club donned their best festive outfits and grabbed buckets and tins for a jog around the town at last year’s inaugural event, with £1,380 collected for Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Dozens of runners took part and, building on the success of the first event, the club will be doing more of the same on December 18, starting at 3.45pm at the Chinese Bridge.
Participants will go on a tour of the pubs in the town, and will be collecting funds for Godmanchester’s Amy Bosse, a disabled mum who is fundraising to pay for
adaptations to her home.
To find out more about Amy and the fundraising, log on to: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/godmanchester-running-club.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Missing woman back home
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 5 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 6 Life would be better without mud says Anne Marie Hamilton
- 7 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 8 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 9 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 10 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman