Dedicated runner to take on 100-mile challenge at Grafham Water for Team Bex
- Credit: Archant
An inspirational runner from Huntingdonshire is aiming to run 100 miles in 11 laps around Grafham Water this weekend for charity.
Lauren Buffini, who lives in Grafham, will take on the mega challenge this Saturday (December 19).
She is encouraging people to get out and exercise too - by running, walking or cycling and donating to local charity Team Bex.
It won’t be the first time Lauren has put her fitness to the test for charity – as she ran 100 miles around her garden for the NHS back in May.
“I am really looking forward to this latest challenge, despite the cold and the distinct lack of daylight hours,” she said.
Team Bex came about after mum-of-two Rebecca Griffiths lost her courageous battle with cancer in 2016 aged 34.
You may also want to watch:
The group continues to raise money for various local charities, Hinchingbrooke Hospital and Bowel Cancer UK.
To donate to Team Bex in aid of Lauren, visit: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/rebecca-griffiths4
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 3 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 4 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan