RSPCA called to help rescue foal found lying in muddy St Ives field
- Credit: Archant
An underweight foal was rescued from a muddy field in St Ives on Saturday.
Members of the public called an RSPCA inspector to the field, off Needingworth Road, at about 3pm, after concerns were raised for the foal’s welfare.
Blankets were provided for the animal and it was helped to stand before being taken for veterinary treatment the same day.
The foal is expected to make a full recovery.
A spokesman for the RSPCA said: “The foal was signed over into our care and once he is strong enough we hope to re-home him. We would like to extend our thanks to the public who alerted us to the situation.”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said that the RSPCA had spoken to the animal’s owner, but that no further investigation would be carried out.
If anyone has concerns about the welfare of any animal they can contact the RSCPA on 0300 123 4999.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'