Royal couple Wills and Kate the latest guests at Wood Green
VISITORS to Wood Green Animal Shelters are being granted an audience with Kate and Wills – just four weeks before the Royal wedding.
VISITORS to Wood Green Animal Shelter are being granted an audience with Kate and Wills – just four weeks before the Royal wedding.
However, Wood Green’s happy couple are not royals born with silver spoons in their mouths, but a pair of lambs born to a stray ewe called Cheryl.
The cuddly duo were born on Friday, March 18, after their five-year-old mother was found wandering the streets of Edgware in London.
After a few days to bond with their mum, they have been receiving visitors for the past week.
Deborah Wild, field section manager at the Godmanchester shelter, said: “When Cheryl first arrived at the shelter as a stray she was quite thin, so it was difficult for the vet to tell whether or not she was pregnant.
“However, as the weeks went by, it became more evident that she was expecting and the vet confirmed that we should expect at least one lamb. Therefore we were not surprised to come into work on Friday and find two new additions lying in her pen.
- 1 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 2 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in village
- 3 A lost wedding photo uncovers a heartbreaking story
- 4 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 5 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 6 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
- 7 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 8 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 9 Huntingdon Carnival and parade returns this summer
- 10 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
“The vet has checked them all over and we are pleased to report that they are all doing well.”