Rottweiler attacks couple in Cambs village as they try to protect child
- Credit: Archant
A COUPLE and their young child were attacked by a dog in Colne.
The dog, described as a black and tan Rottweiler with a thick cable-tie collar, approached the one-year-old child then attacked her mother when she pulled her away.
The couple managed to fight off the dog and drove to hospital.
The mum, a 22-year-old woman, needed treatment to bites on her arm and leg, while her partner, a 30-year-old man, sustained a cut finger in the incident at Earith Lakes Fisheries in Holme Fen Drove at 2.50pm on Tuesday (July 23).
The girl was not injured.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Graeme White, investigating, said: “This was a distressing incident for the family and it is fortunate none of them sustained more serious injuries.
“I would urge anyone who was in the area at the time, or knows who the owners of this dog are, to call police.”
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
INFORMATION: Anyone with any information should call Pc White on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.