Rotary club’s charter celebrations go with a Bang!
- Credit: Archant
The Rotary Club of Huntingdon Cromwell celebrated its 37th charter night on April 26.
The event, marking the anniversary of the club's formation, took place at Hinchingbrooke House, in Huntingdon, and saw dozens of members and guests attend to enjoy the celebration.
The guest list also included Tim Tucker, the governor of the rotary district 1070, of which the Cromwell club is a member.
Toasts were made by Cromwell president, Mim Piper, as well as the club's president elect, Lawrie Cooke, and vice president, Alisdair Wotherspoon.
Entertainment for the event was provided by percussion duo Bang On! who made it through to the semi-finals of TV show Britain's Got Talent in 2008.
You may also want to watch:
Their performance involved everything from guitars and drums, to plastics bags and bottles.
Mrs Piper also handed out two president's awards to members Dee Wormold and Bryan Swain in recognition of their "hard and dedication" to the club.
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 4 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 7 100-year-old care home resident reveals secret to a long life.
- 8 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 9 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 10 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise