Rotary club’s charter celebrations go with a Bang!
- Credit: Archant
The Rotary Club of Huntingdon Cromwell celebrated its 37th charter night on April 26.
The event, marking the anniversary of the club's formation, took place at Hinchingbrooke House, in Huntingdon, and saw dozens of members and guests attend to enjoy the celebration.
The guest list also included Tim Tucker, the governor of the rotary district 1070, of which the Cromwell club is a member.
Toasts were made by Cromwell president, Mim Piper, as well as the club's president elect, Lawrie Cooke, and vice president, Alisdair Wotherspoon.
Entertainment for the event was provided by percussion duo Bang On! who made it through to the semi-finals of TV show Britain's Got Talent in 2008.
You may also want to watch:
Their performance involved everything from guitars and drums, to plastics bags and bottles.
Mrs Piper also handed out two president's awards to members Dee Wormold and Bryan Swain in recognition of their "hard and dedication" to the club.
- 1 Plans for 120 homes on field next to former animal testing site in Houghton
- 2 Huntingdon firm's oldest employee looking forward to new normal
- 3 Outrage as racist graffiti is daubed on Huntingdon restaurant
- 4 Man with learning disability raises money for Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 5 Police arrest 13 people, seize guns and more than £200k of drugs
- 6 Kings and Queens feature in Kimbolton's history
- 7 From The Archives: A story of our relationship with pubs
- 8 Tribute to ‘inspirational ‘ teacher and family man Dan King
- 9 Man's frozen windscreen caused serious crash
- 10 Muddy ditch rescue and swooping pigeons - life as a Modern Mum