St Neots St Mary’s Rotary Club raises £2500 for local charities from annual bike ride
- Credit: Rotary Club
The St Neots St Mary’s Rotary Club has raised £2,500 for local charities, despite so many of its charity events being cancelled this year due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Over the last 10 years, club members have undertaken a bike ride to raise funds for the club.
Despite so many events being cancelled this year the ride still went ahead, thanks to organiser Alan Hurst.
Three bike rides on consecutive days took place and all started from members’ homes, riding a 50 to 60-mile route, in the St Neots area.
The routes took the riders to Royston, Oundle and Castle Ashby.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks to ever-generous sponsors and supporters, the event raised about £2,500 for local charities, a welcome boost at a time when so many events have had to be cancelled.
The annual bike rides in the past have been highly successful and have raised in excess of £25,000 over the period and has taken the participants to many parts of the British Isles as well as France and Holland.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire