St Neots St Mary’s Rotary Club raises £2500 for local charities from annual bike ride
- Credit: Rotary Club
The St Neots St Mary’s Rotary Club has raised £2,500 for local charities, despite so many of its charity events being cancelled this year due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Over the last 10 years, club members have undertaken a bike ride to raise funds for the club.
Despite so many events being cancelled this year the ride still went ahead, thanks to organiser Alan Hurst.
Three bike rides on consecutive days took place and all started from members’ homes, riding a 50 to 60-mile route, in the St Neots area.
The routes took the riders to Royston, Oundle and Castle Ashby.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks to ever-generous sponsors and supporters, the event raised about £2,500 for local charities, a welcome boost at a time when so many events have had to be cancelled.
The annual bike rides in the past have been highly successful and have raised in excess of £25,000 over the period and has taken the participants to many parts of the British Isles as well as France and Holland.
- 1 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
- 2 Man from Alconbury sentenced for sexual assault
- 3 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 4 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 5 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 6 Godmanchester Mill River Enhancement project starts in May
- 7 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 8 New Shoe Zone 'concept store' opens
- 9 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford
- 10 Village was location of rail disaster and hosted music festival for many years