Rony John Memorial Day at St Peter’s School in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
A memorial celebration to remember the life of former St Peter’s School student Rony John will take place tommorow (Sunday).
A fun day has been organised at the Huntingdon school in memory of the 15-year-old who died last July when he drowned in the River Great Ouse at Hartford.
The Rony John Memorial Day will feature a cricket match between the school and Rony’s former cricket club, Huntingdon and District Cricket Club.
Members of the public are invited to attend the event, which will run from midday until 5pm.
The fire service will be promoting its #RememberRony campaign, which aims to deliver water safety education to all schools in the county.
You may also want to watch:
Picture shows the launch of the #RememberRony campaign.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation