St Neots man denies murdering mother-of-two
- Credit: Archant
A St Neots man accused of murdering a mother-of-two has pleaded not guilty.
Robert McWhir, 25, of Potton Road, appeared via video link at Cambridge Crown Court today (Thursday) to deny killing Marissa Aldrich, 29, whose body was found in Loves Way, St Neots, at about 2.30am on December 22.
According to the results of a post-mortem, Ms Aldrich died as a result of drowning.
McWhir was remanded in custody by the judge and will appear before the court again on June 3.
Following her death, Marrisa’s mother, Gemma, paid tribute to her daughter, calling her ‘loving and caring’.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Marissa was a mum, daughter, sister, granddaughter and niece. She was always loving and caring to her children.
“Marissa was known to others as Rissa, a fantastic friend who would always go the extra mile to help in any way she could.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 5 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
“Whatever walk of life you came from my daughter would always befriend you.”