St Neots man appears in court on murder charge
- Credit: Archant
A 25-year-old man from St Neots appeared at Huntingdon Magistrates’ Court on Monday charged with murder.
Robert McWhir, 25, of Potton Road, appeared before magistrates following the death of a woman in St Neots in the early hours of Saturday.
McWhir appeared wearing a grey tracksuit and spoke to confirm his name, date of birth and address.
He was remanded in custody by magistrates and is due to appear at Luton Crown Court on December 27 for a further hearing.
As he was taken from the dock, McWhir told his mother, who was sitting in the gallery, that he loved her and shouting could be heard as he was taken back into custody by court officials.
McWhir was arrested on Saturday after the woman’s body was found in Loves Way.
The woman, who was believed to be in her 20s, was pronounced dead at around 4.20am on Saturday.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 3 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 4 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 5 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 6 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 7 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 10 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
Police set up a cordon around scrub land between Loves Way and Belland Hill.