St Neots man appears in court on murder charge
- Credit: Archant
A 25-year-old man from St Neots appeared at Huntingdon Magistrates’ Court on Monday charged with murder.
Robert McWhir, 25, of Potton Road, appeared before magistrates following the death of a woman in St Neots in the early hours of Saturday.
McWhir appeared wearing a grey tracksuit and spoke to confirm his name, date of birth and address.
He was remanded in custody by magistrates and is due to appear at Luton Crown Court on December 27 for a further hearing.
As he was taken from the dock, McWhir told his mother, who was sitting in the gallery, that he loved her and shouting could be heard as he was taken back into custody by court officials.
You may also want to watch:
McWhir was arrested on Saturday after the woman’s body was found in Loves Way.
The woman, who was believed to be in her 20s, was pronounced dead at around 4.20am on Saturday.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 5 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 10 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
Police set up a cordon around scrub land between Loves Way and Belland Hill.