Road re-opened following collision on bridge between Huntingdon and Godmanchester
- Credit: Archant
A bridge has reopened following a collision involving two cars in Huntingdon today (Monday).
The collision took place on the bridge over the River Great Ouse between Godmanchester and Huntingdon, causing traffic delays both on The Avenue and surrounding ring road.
According to the ambulance service, one person was taken to hospital for treatment.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “We were called at 11.30am with reports of a collision on the bridge between Godmanchester and Huntingdon involving two cars.
“At least one person has been injured and paramedics are on the scene. Initial indications are they are not serious.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the ambulance service said: “We were called at 11.37am with reports of a collision. We sent an ambulance and a rapid response vehicle.
“One person was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital for further treatment.”
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 7 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity