Road re-opened after car careers into ditch in Ramsey
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services were called to Ramsey this morning (Wednesday) after a car careered into a ditch.
The East of England Ambulance Service was called to the B1040, St Mary’s Road, in Ramsey St Mary’s, at about 8.20am after reports that a Volkswagen had left the road and ended up in a ditch.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service was also called to the scene and helped to free the driver, understood to be a man in his 20s, from the car.
A spokesman for East of England Ambulance Service said: “An ambulance attended and treated a man in his 20s who was trapped.
He was taken to Peterborough City Hospital for further care. His injuries are not thought to be life threatening.”
You may also want to watch:
The B1040 was closed at it’s junction with Ugg Mere Court Road while emergency services cleared the scene. It re-opened at 11am.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer