Road rage victim suffered serious facial injuries in Pondersbridge attack
- Credit: Archant
A van driver has suffered serious facial injuries after being assaulted in a road rage incident a Pondersbridge, near Ramsey.
The 67-year-old victim Philip Wetherilt needed hospital treatment, including stitches to his forehead and the bridge of his nose, after he was pulled from his vehicle and was hit several times.
The incident happened after Mr Wetherilt’s Ford Transit clipped a silver pick-up truck and knocked the wing mirror off as he drove in icy conditions.
PC Kellymarie Harman said: “This was an extremely nasty assault that has left the victim with serious injuries and in a lot of pain.
“We would urge anyone with any information about this incident or who thinks they know the driver of the truck to contact us.”
You may also want to watch:
Police said the minor collision happened on Ramsey Road at 10.40pm on March 2.
After the collision the truck stopped in front of the victim’s vehicle, walked up to it and pulled the driver out before hitting him in the face several times.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
The attacker, who is described as being white, with short brown hair, then left the scene in his vehicle.
Information about the attack can be given online at www.cambs.police.uk/report, quoting CF0126690318, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.