Road closed after two-car crash near Godmanchester
- Credit: Archant
Two people were injured following a crash near Godmanchester yesterday (Tuesday).
The East of England Ambulance Service and crews from Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue were called to a stretch of the A1198 shortly after midday.
Two cars had collided and one had caught fire as a result.
A spokesman for the fire and rescue service said: “Firefighters arrived to find a car on fire following a road traffic collision. They extinguished the fire using a hose reel. Four casualties were assisted from their vehicles and left in the care of ambulance crews.”
Police were also in attendance and closed the road while paramedics worked at the scene. None of the injuries are believed to have been serious.
You may also want to watch:
The road re-opened at about 2pm.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 Appeal for foster parents to come forward
- 10 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house