Road closed after man and woman suffer life-threatening injuries in motorbike crash near St Ives
- Credit: Archant
Two people are in a life-threatening condition in hospital after a crash involving a car and a motorbike.
A couple in their 40s were thrown 30m from their bike after the accident on Station Road, Needingworth, just before 1pm.
A man and a woman, who ended up in a water-filled ditch, both suffered severe lower leg injuries in the crash and have been taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge.
They are in a serious to life-threatening condition, a spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said.
Both Cambridgeshire air ambulance teams, Magpas and the East Anglian Air Ambulance, were sent to site to treat the couple.
You may also want to watch:
Paramedic officer Stuart White said: “The man landed in a ditch and suffered serious injuries to his arm, leg and pelvis; the woman was treated for injuries to her lower legs and her condition was less severe. Both were taken to hospital by land ambulance with air ambulance doctors escorting.”
A Magpas spokesman said: “The Magpas medics arrived at 1.20pm and found a man, in his 40s, who had suffered serious injuries. He was sedated and provided with enhanced A&E level care before being driven to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge, where he arrived in a stable condition.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
“A team from the East Anglian Air Ambulance was flown in and treated a woman, also in her 40s, who was also taken to Addenbrooke’s by ambulance.”
Police closed the A1123 between Harrison Way, St Ives, and High Street, Bluntisham, until about 3.30pm.