Road closed after lorry overturns near Wyton
- Credit: Archant
A lorry driver had to be freed from his cab by emergency crews after his vehicle overturned in Wyton.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service and Cambridgeshire police were called to Sawtry Way, shortly before 10am today (Thursday), following reports that a lorry had overturned.
According to police, the driver was trapped in his lorry but did not suffer any serious injuries in the incident.
A spokesman for Magpas said the driver, a man in his 60s, has suffered minor cuts and bruises and was taken to Hinchingbrooke Hospital, in Huntingdon.
The road was closed between the Hartford roundabout and Wyton End to allow recovery crews to remove the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
The lorry is a blue Scania and police said that no other vehicles were involved.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 8 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'