Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire Police have confirmed that a motorist has collided with a telephone pole at Wyton.
The A141 was reported as being blocked in both directions this morning (July 26) between Old Hurst and B1090 at Wyton, due to the road traffic collision.
A Spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "Police were called at 8.18am to a report of a single vehicle collision with a telephone pole on the A141, Wyton.
"As a result the cables came down across both sides of the road causing a hazard which has resulted in the road closure in both directions.
"The driver of the vehicle is currently being assessed but his injuries are not deemed life threatening at this time.
You may also want to watch:
"We are working with the cable providers to make the road safe as soon as possible. In the meantime please avoid the area.'
- 1 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 2 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 3 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 4 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 5 Fundraising campaign to help transform 'dangerous' garden for two children
- 6 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 St Neots woman to walk more than 800 miles for CPSL Mind
- 9 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 10 Golf Day raises more than £800 for CamSight