Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire Police have confirmed that a motorist has collided with a telephone pole at Wyton.
The A141 was reported as being blocked in both directions this morning (July 26) between Old Hurst and B1090 at Wyton, due to the road traffic collision.
A Spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: "Police were called at 8.18am to a report of a single vehicle collision with a telephone pole on the A141, Wyton.
"As a result the cables came down across both sides of the road causing a hazard which has resulted in the road closure in both directions.
"The driver of the vehicle is currently being assessed but his injuries are not deemed life threatening at this time.
"We are working with the cable providers to make the road safe as soon as possible. In the meantime please avoid the area.'
- 1 Missing woman back home
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 4 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 5 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 6 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 7 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 8 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 9 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 10 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police