Riverside Gala returning to Huntingdon with a show for dogs
- Credit: Archant
If you’re proud of your pooch then head to Huntingdon next month where the annual Riverside Gala will once again be hosting the Wood Green Fun Dog Show.
As well as a variety of entertainment, funfair, stalls, live music, displays and a flypast by Second World War planes, the day will give dogs – and their owners – a chance to take centre stage and win one of the six fun categories.
So if you’re pet is quick on the draw when it comes to retrieving a sausage, can sit and stay with the best or can perform a trick, then get them along to the gala.
There are also competitions for the waggiest tail, prettiest six legs (obviously including the owner’s) and, a skill all dogs seem to have mastered, biscuit catching.
The dog show starts at 1pm with the sausage retrieving; best sit and stay at 1.30pm; waggiest tail at 2pm; biscuit catching 2.30pm; prettiest six legs 3.30pm; and judge’s favourite trick at 4pm.
You may also want to watch:
The show will take a break at 3.30pm while the flypast takes to the sky over Huntingdon.
There will also be a school for dogs run by Wood Green.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
A spokesman for the Riverside Gala said: “There will be loads of things to keep the family entertained on Saturday, June 7, so make sure you get down to Huntingdon and join in the fun. Dogs and their owners are especially welcome and we’re really looking forward to see the pets in action at the fun dog show.”
INFORMATION: The Riverside Gala, which is supported by The Hunts Post, starts at noon at Riverside Park, Huntingdon. For more details about the gala, see next week’s Hunts Post.