Ring road closed after bricks fall from roof of building in Huntingdon
- Credit: Archant
Part of the ring road in Huntingdon was closed this morning (Wednesday) after bricks fell off the roof of a building.
Cambridgeshire police were called at 8.25am to George Street to reports of debris hanging from the roof of Scott House.
It is thought that bricks had fallen off the roof and onto the path below. Reports of a large metal panel hanging off the roof also prompted concern among emergency service due to the windy weather.
There are no reports of any injuries.
Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue service was also called to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Pedestrians are being directed away from the area.
The ring road has been closed from the bus station up to Sandford House.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k