Christmas Message: Richard West, chairman of Huntingdonshire District Council
- Credit: Archant
What a tremendous year 2019 has been, a lot has changed throughout our district and a lot will continue to change in the coming new year.
Throughout 2019, we often found ourselves looking back on monumental occasions of the past, celebrating the 50th year anniversary of the moon landing and remembering the 75th year anniversary of the brave D-Day landings.
I had the pleasure of being a part of so many wonderful ceremonies in the community and even handed over the award for Business of the Year at the Hunts Post Huntingdonshire Business Awards, a great pleasure to do so on behalf of the council.
I am looking forward to seeing how we progress in 2020 and how we can continue to thrive in our communities.
I want to say thank you to the residents of Huntingdonshire and the readers of the Hunts Post for their support throughout the year, I wish you all a wonderful Christmas and may I wish for the year ahead to be the best one yet.
You may also want to watch:
rk to achieve a strong and prosperous Huntingdonshire.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges