Retailer says hundreds of jobs are available at new supermarket
- Credit: Archant
Supermarket retailer Morrisons is on the lookout for local foodmakers and shopkeepers as it recruits for its new St Ives store team.
More than 260 jobs are available at the Harrison Way store, which the retail giant says will open early in the new year.
The store, which will have an customer café and Nutmeg clothing department, has advertised a range of roles including team leaders and customer assistants to work flexible shifts.
Morrisons is keen to showcase the best of British and locally produced foods so the retailer is also hunting for skilled butchers, bakers and fishmongers to form its Market Street team.
The roles will be responsible for making Morrisons jam doughnuts, fish pies and British beef burgers fresh in-store each day and advising customers on the best cuts, filets and loaves for them.
You may also want to watch:
Morrisons St Ives store manager, Paul White, said: “I want a team of local people who are excited about food and retailing. We’re looking for over 200 to serve the local community when we open early next year.”
Anyone interested in a role can apply via www.morrisons.jobs until December 19.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 6 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding