Result of public vote to select new hospital trust name is announced
- Credit: Archant
A name has been selected for the new hospital trust that will be formed when Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust and Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust combine in April.
The name of the new trust will be North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust after a poll which attracted 4,500 votes.
The names of the three hospitals run by the trust will remain unchanged.
Stephen Graves, chief executive designate of the new trust said: “I would like to thank the members of the public and the staff at both our Trusts for taking part in this important decision. In total 4,570 votes were cast in the poll which closed on December 28.
“We will now work with NHS Identity to create the new trust logo which will be used on our corporate branding, including signage, patient letters and our website from April 1.
You may also want to watch:
The full results for the six shortlisted options were:
1. North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust – 1,587 votes
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
2. Peterborough, Hinchingbrooke and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
– 1,202 votes
3. Hinchingbrooke, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
– 1,031 votes
4. The Nene, Ouse and Welland NHS Foundation Trust – 392 votes
5. Peterborough, South Lincolnshire and Huntingdonshire NHS Foundation Trust
– 202 votes
6. Huntingdon, Peterborough and South Lincolnshire NHS Foundation Trust – 156 votes