Result of public vote to select new hospital trust name is announced
- Credit: Archant
A name has been selected for the new hospital trust that will be formed when Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust and Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust combine in April.
The name of the new trust will be North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust after a poll which attracted 4,500 votes.
The names of the three hospitals run by the trust will remain unchanged.
Stephen Graves, chief executive designate of the new trust said: “I would like to thank the members of the public and the staff at both our Trusts for taking part in this important decision. In total 4,570 votes were cast in the poll which closed on December 28.
“We will now work with NHS Identity to create the new trust logo which will be used on our corporate branding, including signage, patient letters and our website from April 1.
The full results for the six shortlisted options were:
1. North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust – 1,587 votes
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 4 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 7 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 8 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 9 'We must urgently plan to produce more food'
- 10 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
2. Peterborough, Hinchingbrooke and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
– 1,202 votes
3. Hinchingbrooke, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
– 1,031 votes
4. The Nene, Ouse and Welland NHS Foundation Trust – 392 votes
5. Peterborough, South Lincolnshire and Huntingdonshire NHS Foundation Trust
– 202 votes
6. Huntingdon, Peterborough and South Lincolnshire NHS Foundation Trust – 156 votes