Olive Indian receives service award for a second year
- Credit: Abul Choudry
Olive Indian restaurant in St Neots has received recognition for it’s customer service for a second year in a row.
The restaurant has just been awarded a Trip Advisor Top 10% Award, meaning they have scored as one of the top 10% worldwide for customer service and customer happiness.
Even better this follows a year on from when they won their award last year in 2020 too.
In such a challenging couple of years for them, they are chuffed to receive this award.
Manager, Abul Choudry said: “I am so over the moon with this award, anybody in this industry would know it has been a very very challenging time.
You may also want to watch:
“You have for example all the safety measures to ensure, keeping service standards high and hoping customers are going to come.
“Trip Advisor is the biggest platform in the world, they are a registered high-end platform.
- 1 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 2 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 3 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 4 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 5 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 6 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 7 Fundraising campaign to help transform 'dangerous' garden for two children
- 8 St Neots woman to walk more than 800 miles for CPSL Mind
- 9 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 10 Golf Day raises more than £800 for CamSight
“For restaurant this is really motivating, to consistently being getting these things right and a time to celebrate.”