Residents told to contact police over dustbin arson attacks
- Credit: Archant
Officers are urging people in St Neots to contact police if they see dustbins which have been set alight.
The news comes after nine arson attacks on bins in the area over the past few weeks.
PC Dawn Fuller said: “Luckily the majority of the incidents have caused no damage other than to the bins, but on Tuesday morning we attended an incident in Kings Road where the bin fire had spread and caused damage to a vehicle and an electrical cable.
“Although setting a bin alight may seem like a harmless prank at first, these things can quickly escalate and become really dangerous.
“Inflicting risk and worry within the community is simply unacceptable and the damage these fires are causing will not be tolerated.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge anyone who may have seen anything to get in touch to help us put a stop to this.”
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?