Emergency services at massive blaze after lorry fire in St Ives.
- Credit: Archant
Early reports suggest this is on London Road, near the Esso garage,
Drivers are being urged to avoid the area around the A1096 and many of the local roads remain blocked.
Witnesses report hearing loud bangs and explosions and some say there is a lorry on fire.
The flames can be seen from several miles away and there is thick black smoke.
In a statement, Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue Service said: “More than 20 firefighters, including crews from Huntingdon, Papworth, Gamlingay, Cambridge and Ramsey, including the water carrier, attended the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The crews arrived to find a well-developed fire involving a lorry. Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using hose reels. There were no casualties requiring treatment for any injury. The crews remain at the scene damping down the area and making sure it is safe.
The Hunts Post will bring you more information as we get it.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Lorry driver who 'couldn't stand up' was three times over drink-drive limit
- 3 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 4 Fantastic snow photos from our Hunts Post readers
- 5 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 6 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 7 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 8 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 9 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 10 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.