11 great beer gardens in Huntingdon, St Ives and St Neots
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Now that the pubs are reopening, head to one of these beer gardens and pubs with outdoor seating in the Huntingdon area for pints and sunshine.
The Seven Wives
Family pub with large outside area. Drinks will only be served in the pub garden during the first few days of opening. There will be portable toilets outside for customers. Plans to serve food will be put in place after the opening period.
The Oliver Cromwell
Traditional pub that dates back to the 18th century. Will open inside and outside of pub. All tables and chairs will be set out one metre apart in the garden and inside. Only serving drinks for the first month.
Homely gastro pub with garden. Maximum capacity for The Windmill will be 50 people and the tables will be spaced by 1.5 metres apart. Need to book, but walk-ins will be accommodated if space.
- 1 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 2 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 3 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 4 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 5 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 6 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 7 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 8 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 9 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 10 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
The White Horse
Thirteenth century coaching inn with large restaurant area, private function room and large garden. Bookings only and no food will be served on Monday/Tuesday.
Delightful Tudor pub and restaurant with thatched roof and patio garden. Table service and payment for their drinks through an APP. Booking for table required inside and outside.
The Barley Mow
Family friendly pub. Booking required. Screen in place at the bar, to protect staff and customers when they come to pay for their meal.
Family owned and run pub with enclosed garden. Uses locally sourced ingredients. During the lockdown the pub donated 100 cottage pies to frontline NHS workers and the elderly and has been making pizzas.
The Barley Mow
Traditional family pub on the outskirts of St Neots near the Riverside Park. Will operate a one-way system and car park will be closed.
Built originally as a private dwelling the Crown Inn pub restaurant in Eaton Socon St Neots dates back centuries and became a licensed inn by 1816. Will be spacing tables. Booking required.
Positioned on the idyllic River Great Ouse, The Brampton Mill is set inside a unique converted mill. Taking bookings.
A 17th century thatched family-friendly pub with a lovely beer garden out back. Head to the website to find maps to three different country walks you can take that take you to the pub the long way round.