Round-up of remembrance services in Huntingdonshire
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of people across the district will take the time to remember the sacrifice made by service men and women.
A remembrance service and parade will take place on the Market Square on Sunday. Assemble on the Market Square no later than 10.40am when the parade will march into position.
A short service and two-minute silence will also be held on the Market Square on Monday, November 11, to mark Armistice Day. The service will start shortly before 11am. All are welcome.
St Ives Town Council, members of the St Ives British Legion, representatives of British Armed Forces and United States Air Force, the Veterans Associations, uniformed cadet forces, civil emergency services and youth groups will attend a service and parade on Sunday at Market Hill, from 10.30am to midday. A two-minute silence will be observed at 11am.
Cllr Daniel Rowe will preside over the parade which includes soliders from No 42 Engineer Regiment based at RAF Wyton as well as cadets and emergency services.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 4 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
A shorter remembrance ceremony at the war memorial on Monday at 11am.
The parade assembles at the Abbey Gatehouse at 2pm on Sunday, wreath laying at 2.30pm and church service at 3pm.
Town mayor, Cllr Gordon Thorpe will join deputy lord lieutenant of Cambridgeshire, John Bridge, veterans, cadets, scouts, community groups for a remembrance parade and service.
The parade steps off from Waitrose car park at 10.45am on Sunday - wreath laying at St Neots War Memorial at 11am - two-minute silence followed by service. Service and wreath-laying at St Mary's Parish Church at 10.50am and St Mary's, Eaton Socon at 3pm where there will be a service and wreath-laying.
The town council will be holding its annual remembrance parade from 10.30-11.30am on Sunday. The civic party will march from the town hall car park to the war memorial in Post Street for a short service #
Remembrance-themed cafe at Bluntisham Baptist Church in the church hall on November 13, from 2-4.30pm. Includes local history display and refreshments.