Remembrance Day parades in Huntingdonshire
REMEMBRANCE Day parades and services will be taking place across Huntingdonshire tomorrow and Sunday.
In Huntingdon, a bugler will play the Last Post at the Market Square followed by a two minute silence marking the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month.
On Sunday, civic leaders will assemble in the county town for a Remembrance service at Market Hill. Among the congregation will be mayor Chris Doyle, MP Jonathan Djanogly, and leaders of Cambridge County Council and Huntingdonshire District Council.
They will all be laying wreaths in honour of the nation’s war dead.
In St Ives there will be a brief ceremony at the war memorial at 11am tomorrow, followed by a parade on Sunday. The parade will start at 10.30am from Station Road to the Market Hill, and then past the war memorial.
In Ramsey, there will also be a two minute silence tomorrow at 11am at Ramsey war memorial. On Sunday the parade will start at 2.30pm from the war memorial. Marchers will then go to the parish church for a service at 3pm.
The war dead will be remembered in St Neots with a parade on Sunday from Waitrose car park to the war memorial from 10.30am. From 7pm the mayor will host a presentation by members of the 1st Battalion Royal Anglian Regiment D Company in the Great Hall of the Priory Centre.
- 1 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 2 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 5 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
- 6 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
- 7 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 8 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 9 Delight as Huntingdon primary school is praised by Ofsted inspectors
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
The company have just returned from Afghanistan, and proceeds from the event will go to Help for Heroes, Speakability and St Neots Drop In Centre.