Relaunched Godmanchester show attracts hundreds of entrants
- Credit: Archant
There were more than 300 entrants for the re-launched Godmanchester Town Show, held on Saturday.
The show attracted dozens of spectators to St Mary’s Church to admire the display of fruit and vegetables, jams, flowers, cakes, and photography.
There was even a category for children to enter their items for consideration.
There were seven ‘best in category’ winners chosen from among the entrants, and a ‘best in show’ winner was chosen from the winning categories.
This year’s best in show went to Neve Morgan, who also won the children’s section.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Hooker won the flowers and plants category, Daniel Beckett won the vegetables category, Sandra Sturgeon was top in the floral arrangements, Sheila Hartwell was adjudged best in cookery, Caroline Mitchell won jams and preserves, and Mark Kember was crowned best in photography.
Competition cups were sponsored by Stanjay Tackle and Trophies, Donna Renate Hairdressing, Thelma’s Flowers, Bellmans Catering, The Royal Oak, Godmanchester WI and John and Bizz Thackray.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache