Registration for this year’s Hunts 10k event has opened
- Credit: Archant
Organisers are hoping to see a bumper turnout at this year’s Hunts 10k event.
The seventh instalment of the annual race is taking place on Sunday, June 19, at Alconbury Weald, in Little Stukeley, and registration to take part opened this week.
Organised by the Hunts 10k Charitable Trust, the event features races for all ages and raises money to support charitable projects in Huntingdonshire.
Race director Bob Hulstrom said: “Hunts 10k Charitable Trust has handed out more than £60k to help good causes locally in the last six years.
“The trust aims to get people of all ages active. Why not make 2016 the year you start your race medal collection? Enter the Hunts 10k, 3k or 1k fun run and your entry fee will help boost our charity fund raising total.”
The team of volunteers who organise the race are aiming to top the 900 people who entered the races in 2015, helping to raise a record-breaking £14k which was shared between six local charities.
The Hunts10k Charitable Trust has joined forces with fund raisers Team Bex. Founder Rebecca Griffiths started the 10k race last year. Huntingdon Cancer Care Network is confirmed as one of the charities which will benefit from the proceeds of this year’s race.
- 1 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 2 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Pub of the Year finalists
- 3 'The impossible is possible' - Cambs' Kat Cordiner breaks Atlantic record
- 4 Bakery and baking school opens after Crowdfunding push
- 5 Trainee chef reaches finals of national competition
- 6 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 7 Petition calls on county council to reject waste incinerator
- 8 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 9 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 10 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
There are medals for all finishers in all races and prizes for individual, team and school results.
The 1k fun run is open to anyone aged five and over. 3k runners must be aged seven or over and you must be 15 or over to enter the 10k. All runners aged 11 or under must be accompanied by an adult.
To sign up, log on to www.hunts10k.org