Refurbishment plans for A14 service station in Spaldwick
- Credit: Archant
A service station which caters for drivers on the A14 could be set for a refurbishment, under plans submitted to Huntingdonshire District Council.
Petrol station franchise Applegreen has applied to the authority for permission to remodel and refurbish Spaldwick service station, in High Street.
The service station sales building was badly damaged last year after a fire broke out.
Agents acting for the applicant told the district council: “This proposal for a remodelling of an existing retail service station will provide an essential amenity to the nearby settlement of Spaldwick and to westbound motorists using the adjacent A14 trunk road, offering a range of fuels, shop products and hot and cold food and snacks.
“As part of the development the dedicated HGV refuelling facility will be removed, this will benefit the site and nearby residents of Spaldwick as it is recognised that
You may also want to watch:
HGVs are better catered for at nearby Brampton Hut Service Station.”
As part of the plans, customer parking is to be expanded and the applicant has promised to retain eight refuelling pumps.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 9 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
The applicant said that a meeting had been held with Spaldwick Parish Council before a full public meeting was organised in the village to gauge opinion.
A decision on the plans is expected within the next 12 weeks. To view the plans, or to have a say, visit www.huntingdonshire.gov.uk