Record-breaking A Level results at Abbey College
RECORD-breaking A Level grades meant students and staff at Abbey College had something to smile about this morning.
Some 43 per cent achieved grades A*- B, with 70 per cent securing A-C grades.
The overall student pass rate was 97 per cent.
Students who had particular cause to celebrate included Michael Ruddlesden and Jasivan Sivakumar who scored two A*s and two As, Fraser Cameron who achieved one A* and three As, James Trafford and Imogen Procter who secured one A* and two As, with head boy Robert Glover gaining three As.
Headteacher, Wayne Birks, told The Hunts Post: “These are the best collection of top grades ever achieved by Abbey College students and a further improvement on grades achieved in recent years.
You may also want to watch:
“The high percentage of students achieving A*, A and B grades means that Abbey College will be well presented at the best universities in the country and shows we are able to deliver to a very high standard.
“I wish to pass on my congratulations to the students and my colleagues in securing these record-breaking scores.”
- 1 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?