Rare vintage model steam engines stolen from outbuilding in Hunts
- Credit: CAMBS
Police are appealing for information after thousands of pounds worth of vintage model steam engines were stolen from Godmanchester.
The rare and collectible items were stolen overnight between 8pm on Saturday (January 30 ) and 10.30am on Sunday (January 31) from an outbuilding of a house in West Street.
The collection of model trains and engines are worth between £10,000 and £15,000.
The victim of the burglary, 70-year-old Willem Middlemiss, said: "I am devastated at loss of these items which have been collected over a number of years. They are of great sentimental value to me and I would be grateful for anyone with information to pass it on to the police."
Sergeant Dominic Carminati said: "These vintage items are very rare and are of great value to their owner.
You may also want to watch:
"The collection is unique and distinctive so I would urge anyone who has information, or has been offered these items for sale, to contact us immediately."
Anyone with any information should call police on 101 or report online at www.cambs.police.uk/report quoting crime reference 35/5967/21. Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or visit www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 7 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 8 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service