Eco-toilet unveiled at Ramsey Walled Garden
- Credit: Archant
Visiting and volunteering at Ramsey Walled Garden will be much more pleasant in future following the installation of an eco-toilet.
The toilet was funded by Rotary in Ramsey and was unveiled at a special ceremony to mark the event.
Trustee Jane Sills told Rotarians: “The Walled Garden Trustees and volunteers are most grateful to Rotary In Ramsey for their generous funding of the new Eco-Toilet.
“It will have obvious benefits to the volunteers and visitors. It will also help us with our sustainability and fundraising by allowing us to hold more events and group visits at the garden.”
The derelict former kitchen garden was discovered 20 years ago and has been restored over the period, now producing fruit, vegetables and flowers local to Cambridgeshire.
You may also want to watch:
It has also become a popular visitor attraction to the town.
President of Rotary in Ramsey Shaun Green, past president Richard Hyde, Rotarians Chris Wick and Jeremy Hyde were also at the ceremony.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?