Ramsey tourist killed by swarm of bees on holiday in Africa
A TOURIST from Ramsey has been killed after being stung by a swarm of bees whilst on holiday in Africa.
Mick Bryan was exploring Tanzania with his wife Jacqueline and had celebrated her 43rd birthday earlier in the day but he was attacked by the bees after parking in an isolated campsite, according to The Sun.
The 61-year-old mechanic called for his wife, who was also stung, to run as he collapsed at the scene. He died later in hospital.
A family member told the paper: “They were out in the middle of nowhere getting ready to have some lunch when they heard a buzzing noise. Mick shouted to Jacqueline to run.
“He was covered in bees. He tried to drive off but it all happened too quickly. Jacqueline couldn’t get any phone reception so she had to run to the main road for help.”
You may also want to watch:
A Foreign Office spokesman said: “We are aware of the death of a British National in Tanzania and are in contact with the family, providing consular assistance.”
Mr Bryan had three grown-up children from a previous marriage. His sister, Louise Adam, 64, said: “He was a wonderful man. He’d do anything for anyone.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
• Did you know Mick? Leave your tributes below or call The Hunts Post on 01480 443472.