Ramsey tourist killed by swarm of bees on holiday in Africa
A TOURIST from Ramsey has been killed after being stung by a swarm of bees whilst on holiday in Africa.
Mick Bryan was exploring Tanzania with his wife Jacqueline and had celebrated her 43rd birthday earlier in the day but he was attacked by the bees after parking in an isolated campsite, according to The Sun.
The 61-year-old mechanic called for his wife, who was also stung, to run as he collapsed at the scene. He died later in hospital.
A family member told the paper: “They were out in the middle of nowhere getting ready to have some lunch when they heard a buzzing noise. Mick shouted to Jacqueline to run.
“He was covered in bees. He tried to drive off but it all happened too quickly. Jacqueline couldn’t get any phone reception so she had to run to the main road for help.”
A Foreign Office spokesman said: “We are aware of the death of a British National in Tanzania and are in contact with the family, providing consular assistance.”
Mr Bryan had three grown-up children from a previous marriage. His sister, Louise Adam, 64, said: “He was a wonderful man. He’d do anything for anyone.”
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 7 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 8 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 9 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 10 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
• Did you know Mick? Leave your tributes below or call The Hunts Post on 01480 443472.