Ramsey St Mary’s
Proposal: Branch closure, partnership deal with shop Nearest Branch: Ramsey 2.7 miles PEOPLE in Ramsey St Mary s have reacted with shock and disbelief at the announcement their post office may close, postmistress Deena Howard said. Ms Howard told The Hunt
Proposal: Branch closure, partnership deal with shop
Nearest Branch: Ramsey 2.7 miles
PEOPLE in Ramsey St Mary's have reacted with shock and disbelief at the announcement their post office may close, postmistress Deena Howard said.
Ms Howard told The Hunts Post: "This is a growing community and the post office is needed more than ever. There is a lot of disappointment among people who moved here knowing that the village had a post office.
"Services have been slowly dwindling over the years and it seems the Government believes smaller post offices are not a thing of the future.
"If the community pull together in the right way I believe they can put a good point across."
- 1 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 2 'Leaning' Christmas tree in St Neots is removed
- 3 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 4 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 5 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 6 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 7 Roman Crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 8 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 9 Christmas markets and events happening in Huntingdonshire in the next two weeks
- 10 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
District councillor Ross Muir said: "In the last 25 years, post offices and the associated stores in Ramsey Forty Foot, Ramsey Heights and Ramsey Mereside have all been closed, at least one following the deliberate action of the Post Office.
"St Mary's is the largest of the villages and any reduction in service will cast doubt on the future viability of the store itself and will increase traffic on a dangerous riverside road.
"I am extremely disappointed and am particularly sorry for the older residents of Ramsey St Mary's. The proposal should be reconsidered.