Ramsey St Mary’s
Proposal: Branch closure, partnership deal with shop Nearest Branch: Ramsey 2.7 miles PEOPLE in Ramsey St Mary s have reacted with shock and disbelief at the announcement their post office may close, postmistress Deena Howard said. Ms Howard told The Hunt
Proposal: Branch closure, partnership deal with shop
Nearest Branch: Ramsey 2.7 miles
PEOPLE in Ramsey St Mary's have reacted with shock and disbelief at the announcement their post office may close, postmistress Deena Howard said.
Ms Howard told The Hunts Post: "This is a growing community and the post office is needed more than ever. There is a lot of disappointment among people who moved here knowing that the village had a post office.
You may also want to watch:
"Services have been slowly dwindling over the years and it seems the Government believes smaller post offices are not a thing of the future.
"If the community pull together in the right way I believe they can put a good point across."
- 1 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 2 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 3 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 4 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 5 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 8 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 9 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
District councillor Ross Muir said: "In the last 25 years, post offices and the associated stores in Ramsey Forty Foot, Ramsey Heights and Ramsey Mereside have all been closed, at least one following the deliberate action of the Post Office.
"St Mary's is the largest of the villages and any reduction in service will cast doubt on the future viability of the store itself and will increase traffic on a dangerous riverside road.
"I am extremely disappointed and am particularly sorry for the older residents of Ramsey St Mary's. The proposal should be reconsidered.