Ramsey schoolgirl names new housing development
- Credit: Judi-Rose Smith
A housing development in Ramsey now has a name - thanks to an idea by junior school pupil Judi-Rose Smith.
Judi-Rose, 10, came up with "Ramsey Park" for the David Wilson Homes scheme off Biggin Lane in a competition held by Ramsey Junior School after the housebuilder asked for pupils' suggestions.
Her entry was the winner out of nearly 100 entries and the development will now be known as Ramsey Park - but Judi-Rose will not be able to make her official visit to the site until the coronavirus lockdown restrictions are lifted.
Judi-Rose was presented with a £25 Amazon voucher as a prize for her winning idea and will visit the development to see the progress being made once restrictions have been lifted.
She said: “Wow I can’t believe I won!! I’m so excited."
The school also received a £200 donation as a thank you which will go towards equipment for the playground which pupils can enjoy once they return.
- 1 Plans for 120 homes on field next to former animal testing site in Houghton
- 2 Huntingdon firm's oldest employee looking forward to new normal
- 3 Man with learning disability raises money for Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 4 Kings and Queens feature in Kimbolton's history
- 5 Charitable efforts in Kimbolton turn 'pain into positivity'
- 6 From The Archives: A story of our relationship with pubs
- 7 Police arrest 13 people, seize guns and more than £200k of drugs
- 8 Outrage as racist graffiti is daubed on Huntingdon restaurant
- 9 Tribute to ‘inspirational ‘ teacher and family man Dan King
- 10 Village Focus: Brampton 'a fabulous village to live in'