Ramsey pupils celebrate Chinese New Year in style
- Credit: Archant
Children from Ramsey Spinning Infant School and Ramsey Community Junior School spent the day celebrating Chinese New Year on February 8.
Pupils made an array of colourful decorations for the Year of the Monkey, including animal collages, lanterns and red letters which are said to bring good luck.
Teacher Simon Godwin, said: “We’ve shown them videos of the Chinese New Year and explained what they do and how they celebrate.
“It’s nice to have a whole school event where everyone is involved.”
The children were also taught how to cook Chinese delicacies, with youngsters from Year 2 preparing egg fried rice and Year 5 from the junior school trying out noodles.
You may also want to watch:
A Year 5 class had even re-arranged the tables to mimic a Chinese classroom, as well as learning how to enter the room and exercise before the start of the day.
The children added to their displays with Chinese symbols, as well as painting plates of traditional scenes.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 10 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph