Ramsey mayor donates money to football club
- Credit: Archant
The mayor of Ramsey, Councillor Doug McIlwain, has presented Ramsey Town Football Club with a charitable donation.
Cllr McIlwain handed over the cheque for £1,275 to Vincent Pilkington, the co-manager of the football club, at a meeting of Ramsey Town Council on Thursday.
The donations will be used to fund improvements to club’s home ground and also to go towards new kit for the 2018/2019 season.
Cllr McIlwain said: “I am very pleased to hand over a cheque of more than £1,200 to Ramsey FC, and look forward to see how they make use of the money.”
At the meeting, Cllr McIlwain also announced that his two chosen organisations for the coming mayoral year would be Little Miracles in Ramsey, and the Ramsey senior citizens lunch club.
You may also want to watch:
He went on to say: “I like to make sure that all the money donated can benefit Ramsey, which is why I have chosen these great organisations.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k