Underwood the Jewellers is asking people to support local businesses
- Credit: Archant
Underwood the Jewellers which is situated in the Mews just off Ramsey High Street is asking people to support their local shops this Christmas.
Phil Underwood the owner of the jewellers has been running his shop for just over 11 years.
He believes it is vital that the local shops cater to their customer’s needs, Phil said: “We have been crazily busy since the pandemic lockdowns finished, in April, requests for repairs on jewellery are literally going through the roof.
“We sell a mixture of everything but one thing that is selling particularly well at the moment is our silver collection with gem stones in it, which is more affordable.
“People are now starting to look for their Christmas presents, it really affects us in the last two weeks leading up to the event.
“I think that shops have to have what the customers want and secondly the retailers have to give their retailers a chance.
"I have always said if someone is not coming into your shop there is a reason for it and you have to make your shop enticing for other people."
- 1 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 2 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 3 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 4 Man who assaulted police officer claimed it was 'black magic'
- 5 Plans to improve safety and cut congestion in new A141 and St Ives scheme
- 6 Will we have a white Christmas in Cambridgeshire this year?
- 7 St Ives cocaine dealer is jailed
- 8 Man who crashed into house is banned from driving
- 9 Drunk mother who allegedly dropped child under arrest
- 10 Vital improvements for St Neots town centre move a step closer