Ramsey house catches fire after arsonists torch wheelie bin

Fire crews

Fire crews - Credit: Archant

A HOUSE in Ramsey caught fire after flames spread from a bin torched by arsonists (Tuesday).

A fire was started in a wheelie bin outside a home in Station Road at around 2pm which spread to the house.

Firefighters from Ramsey and Huntingdon extinguished the blaze, that also affected an electricity box outside the property. A fire affecting two wheelie bins was also put out.

The cause of fire is said to be deliberate.

INFORMATION: Anyone with information should call Cambridgeshire police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter