Ramsey homes targeted by burglars
RESIDENTS are being urged to hide their jewellery away following a number of burglaries in and around Ramsey.
Burglars have stolen cash and jewellery in six break-ins during the last month.
The most recent happened in Great Raveley between 6.30am and 4.45pm on Monday last week (November 12), when earrings and US dollars were stolen.
Elsewhere, a large amount of jewellery was taken from a home in Bury Close between 10am on November 3 and 7pm the following day. Jewellery and cash was stolen from a home in Pathfinder Way, Warboys, on October 22, while cash, games consoles, a watch and mobile phone were taken from a home in Blenheim road, Ramsey, between 11,30am on October 28 and 9.30am the following day.
Two other homes were broken into in Oilmills Road, Ramsey Mereside, on November 3, and in High Street, Ramsey, between Oct 29 and November 5. Nothing was taken during those break-ins.
You may also want to watch:
PCSO Vicki Docking, investigating, said: “We have increased patrols in the area and have not had any further incidents over the last week.
“However I would urge people to hide away jewellery and other valuables especially if they are on view through windows and doors.”
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
CONTACT: Anyone with any information should call PCSO Docking on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.