Radio presenter to host Food & Drink awards ceremony
BBC Radio Cambridgeshire presenter Sue Dougan will be hosting the 2012 Hunts Post Food & Drink Awards presentations at the Old Bridge Hotel in Huntingdon on October 17.
Readers have until September 28 to nominate outlets or enter the seven categories up for grabs, including the highly competitive Junior Chef of the Year Award, sponsored by Huntingdonshire District Council.
The other categories are Best Restaurant, Best Community Pub, Best Dining Pub, Best Local Product, Best Takeaway, and Best Independent Retailer, the category sponsored by the Huntingdonshire branch of the Federation of Small Businesses.
Despite initial ambitions to be a librarian, Sue Dougan, who is in charge of the afternoon show, arrived at BBC Radio Cambridgeshire in 2005 via BBC Radio Kent, commercial radio, and a hospital radio show at the tender age of 15.
She laments the passing of Woolworths (she was a Saturday girl at branch 022 while she was a student) and confesses to a guilty secret - she once made background musak tapes for certain high street shops.
She’s a Girlguiding UK ambassador, and claims the ability to juggle among her off-air skills - the legacy of time spent as a teenager as a member of a circus school in Belfast.
Sue enjoys cooking, amateur dramatics and running. She was also one of many participants in the annual Pathfinder March, a 46-mile walk around WWII airbases in Cambridgeshire, which walkers have to complete in 20 hours (Sue and team took 17 hours).
- 1 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 2 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 3 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 4 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 5 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 6 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 9 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 10 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
The awards have already attracted nominations for many of the district’s top venues, and there is still time to declare your support for others. You can nominate by e-mailing email@example.com or on the website www.huntsfoodanddrinkawards.co.uk.
INFORMATION: Further information from Srah Scott at sarah.scott @archant.co.uk