Radio One DJ Chris Moyles pops in to say hello to Huntingdon gymnast Louis Smith
RADIO One DJ Chris Moyles took time out of the studio to visit Olympic medallist Louis Smith training at Huntingdon Olympic Gym.
The DJ, known affectionately to fans as Moyles, popped into the Mayfield Road to have a chat with the 22-year-old but declined the offer to attempt a backflip.
Ahead of his visit, Louis had tweeted ‘@ChrisDJMoyles u ready for some backflips?’ Louis is due to appear on The Chris Moyles Show from 7.45am tomorrow (Wendesday, March 7).
Centre manager Erica Mackenzie said: “He [Chris Moyles] came to meet Louis and see where he trained to put a context. It wasn’t a big thing at all. he just popped in and out and said a quick hello.”
Joining Moyles for the impromptu visit were producer Aled Haydn-Jones, former St Ivo School pupil and Radio One newsreader Dominic Byrne, assistant producer Matt Fincham and sports presenter Tina Dahaley.
You may also want to watch:
nPictured from left to right are Aled, Matt, Louis, Dominic, Chris, and Tina.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k