Pull on a santa suit and get running in Cambs this December
- Credit: Archant
Ho! Ho! Ho! Jolly joggers are going to be dressing up in Father Christmas outfits for the St Ives Santa Jog in aid of the British Heart Foundation.
The charity is urgently looking for would-be Santas to take part in the jog on Sunday, December 8 - and there’s a free Santa suit for everyone who signs up in a bid to raise vital funds to ‘help save every heartbeat in Cambridgeshire’.
The St Ives & District BHF Fundraising Branch, organisers of the Santa Jog, said joggers can choose between a three or a six-mile route, both starting and finishing at Copley Scout Centre, The Thicket.
Nigel Cole, BHF fundraising volunteer manager, said: “Events like the St Ives Santa Jog raise vital funds that help the BHF continue funding research into heart disease. We would urge joggers to join our fight for every heartbeat in Cambridgeshire.”
Coronary heart disease is the UK’s single biggest killer. BHF’s work is central to the discovering vital treatments.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Registration is at 10am and the event starts at 10.30am. Registration is £10 (or equivalent sponsorship). Call Jean Chandler on 01480 469557, visit the BHF shop in St Ives or email Lyn Davis at email@example.com.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan