Public given just 13 days to decide new name for merged hospital trust
- Credit: Archant
Hinchingbrooke Hospital has announced a shortlist of names for the new combined trust once it is acquired by the Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (PSHFT).
Following a year-long merger process, the Huntingdon hospital will become part of PSHFT on April 1 next year, but the public have now been given just 13 days to vote for their preferred choice. The voting process was announced on the Hinchingbrooke Hospital website on December 15.
During public consultation sessions, people were asked to put forward a new name for the trust, which will combine the three hospitals in Huntingdon, Peterborough and Stamford, and 120 suggestions have been reviewed by a panel representing both trusts.
The process also has to take national NHS guidelines for naming health organisations into account and a shortlist of six was drawn up and will now be presented for public vote. The new name is for the combined trust, all individual hospital names will be retained.
The list of six names are:
You may also want to watch:
Hinchingbrooke, Peterborough & Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Huntingdon, Peterborough & South Lincolnshire NHS Foundation Trust
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 6 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 7 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 8 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust
Peterborough, Hinchingbrooke & Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Peterborough, South Lincolnshire & Huntingdonshire NHS Foundation Trust
The Nene, Ouse and Welland NHS Foundation Trust
INFO: If you wish to vote, go to the Survey Monkey website or Hinchingbrooke Hospital website where there is a link.
The poll closes on December 28 and the result will be announced on January 3.