St Ives pub manager uses verse to reflect on lockdown
- Credit: COACHING INN GROUP
The manager of a pub in St Ives has produced a poem to reflect on his thoughts and feelings during the Covid-19 pandemic lockdown.
General manager Neil Williams, of the Golden Lion Hotel in St Ives, has turned to verse to help keep everyone’s spirits up.
Neil and fellow general managers from the Coaching Inn Group. the company that owns the Golden Lion Hotel, have starred in a video which presents the poem.
Neil said: “We really are one big family and are all keeping in close touch with one another through social media.”
Chief executive Kevin Charity said the 10-verse poem about the hotels and their team members very much reflects the strong sense of camaraderie felt within the Coaching Inn Group.
You may also want to watch:
“We can’t wait until the day we can reopen. The Golden Lion which now plays such an important part in the life of the community.”
To view the video go to the Coaching Inn's Facebook page: www.facebook.com/coachinginngroup/posts/3736212566427115.
- 1 St Ives murder: man charged
- 2 Murder investigation launched in St Ives following death of woman
- 3 Man hit takeaway worker with umbrella in racist coronavirus attack
- 4 Plans to repair iconic clock tower at the centre of the village
- 5 Family need help to buy wheelchair for brave Ellamae
- 6 Hospital worker 'swerving' on road was over alcohol limit on way to work
- 7 More cash agreed for St Neots earmarked for town centre improvements
- 8 Public asked for their views on improving major road around Huntingdon
- 9 Sandbag donations from housebuilder help Sawtry flood victims
- 10 Read the response from the flooding authorities in our Special Report
Covid Diary: If you would like to share your experiences of living through lockdown, contact: email@example.com.